Coal mine operators rely on Shaft Drillers International to deliver an unprecedented combination of ground force technology:
Worldwide reputation for developing small and large diameter shafts with appropriate ground stabilization to minimize surface and strata related risks.
SDI delivers more than 20 years of experience in mine shaft development to meet the requirements and schedules of technically difficult projects, such as those involving multiple types of strata (ranging from soft to hard) or extreme depth.
- De-watering Systems for Underground Mines
- Conduits for Utilities
- Emergency Egress
Because ground stabilization and shaft development is self-performed by SDI in house and in real time, SDI delivers optimum efficiencies and the greatest alleviation of risk to our clients.
- Rock grouting and compaction grouting expertise allows greater access to the rock formation through unconsolidated materials.
- Shaft development is performed ahead and independent of any underground work keeping projects isolated from underground operations.
- Fully developed shafts are lined according to application and material efficiencies. Final liners available in steel, concrete or composite materials.
- On site equipment and expertise to expedite site prep
SDI's unprecedented combination of resources can reduce the need for multiple contractors resulting in significant savings in time and cost for coal operators. And, industry leaders utilize SDI's scheduling expertise to implement annual and long-term planning that bring efficiencies to capital spending budgets.
Every day, SDI personnel put our experience to work, continuing to solve challenges unique to underground mining.